And yet the most important medium, the catalogue, must reinvent itself
The thick Quelle and Neckermann catalogues once heralded the economic miracle of the 1950s. The downfall of both business and their best-known medium – the catalogue – shows how they missed the boat when it came to digital transformation.
The Otto Group proves that it does not have to be like this. Although Otto also discontinued its catalogue in 2018, contemporary digital formats brought new momentum to the traditional company. Best practice for the mail order business? Read the blog "Good Bye Otto Catalogue. Suction effect for the mail order business" and learn more.
Use your advantages in omnichannel commerce
As a mail order business, you have to develop faster in the face of the tough competition from Amazon. And adapt to your customers’ changing omnichannel expectations as well. But you have a distinct advantage over newcomers to digital commerce: In-depth knowledge of your products, strong customer relations, qualified data and an established offer from a single source – from catalogue to logistics and customer service.
You have 100 years of knowledge of human nature! Use it!
- Scalable shop software and ERP system for high shipping volumes
- Fast system introduction thanks to many years of project know-how
- Best practice processes, especially for mail order companies
- Seamless integration of Shop and ERP, CRM, CMS, PIM
- Omnichannel Customer Experience: catalogue, online shop, branch
- High customer loyalty through value-added services
- A safe investment thanks to short TTM and high ROI